As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads, the world around us is changing rapidly. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our office. We follow infection control guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). To help ensure the safety of our patients and team members, you may see the following changes at our office:
- We will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will ask any family members or friends that come to your appointment with you to wait in the car.
- We may ask that you come to your appointment wearing a face covering, which will be removed in the treatment room before treatment begins.
- Our team members will be screened daily at the beginning of each day and asked to go home if any symptoms of COVID-19 are suspected.
- We have increased disinfection of all high-contact areas in our office.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines or children’s books, as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have installed new chairs in our reception area and business office so that they can be completely disinfected.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our office. To make an appointment, please call us at (651) 770-2900 or click on the “Contact” tab on our website.